Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Acorn Woodpecker
Bridled Titmouse
Another day of what participant's can expect to encounter
during our High Desert Wildlife photography workshop.
. . . from the journals of Lori Huff, my co-leader on this once-in-a-lifetime photo adventure.
"Madera Canyon, a birder's paradise, was in my sites today. The blinds were waiting and I was ready. Since Madera is at a higher elevation than Elephant Pond, a variety of new species filled my viewfinder . . . Arizina and Acorn Woodpeckers, Bridled Titmouse, and Painted Redstarts, to list a few.

However, the big surprise was a Coati Mundi that came out of the trees. This was my first time seeing one in the wild, and he did not dissapoint me. Playing in the trees and checking me out up close, I was able to get many great photos before he disappeared back into the tree.

"I hear tell that from April through September, you might even be lucky enough to photograph black bear at the blinds."

No comments: