Sunday, August 18, 2013

Upcoming Estes Park Arts & Crafts Show

"Bev, this one's for you."
My most popular photograph.

This limited edition photograph has become our most popular image. I have named it “Bev, this one’s for you!” It was inspired by the work of Bev Doolittle, in particular her series, Hide and Seek. I came up with the idea several years ago. I had photographed a wild horse on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation, but had nothing suitable for a background. This past Christmas day I was able to get the photograph that I wanted. It had snowed earlier that morning and in anticipation, I had my camera with me as Lori and I drove down the South Saint Vrain Canyon from our home in Allenspark, on the way to my son's home in nearby Longmont, Colorado, where we had planned on opening presents and eating Christmas Dinner together. Suddenly, there it was, on the canyon wall next to the road . . . the image for which I had searched for so long. I stopped the truck. Backed up a few feet and parked along the roadside. The rest, as they say, is history.

Although I have lived in nearby Allenspark over 22 years, this coming Labor Day will be my first time to have a booth at the Labor Day Weekend Arts & Crafts Show in Estes Park.

Some of you may remember my column, Along the Trail, that appeared weekly in the Estes Park Trail Gazette for almost seven years. It featured articles that I wrote about my wild brothers and sisters.

Whatever you have planned for Labor Day, I invite you to stop by our booth #70 in Bond Park, see what we have to offer, and chat for a while. I'm really looking forward to seeing you and all of my old friends, plus making tons of new ones.


No comments: