Thursday, October 21, 2010

Swan Song

"Swan Song"
Trumpeter Swan - Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
The voice of the trumpeter swan is sonorous and vibrant, embodying a series of loud, low-pitched trumpeting sounds, or honks. Witnessing a flock of trumpeters flying overhead, calling to one another, is an experience long remembered.
I made this image with my Nikon D1x camera and 80-400mm VR lens, set at 400mm. Camera settings: Aperture f/9.5, Shutter speed 1/350, Exposure Comp. -1.3, White Balance - Cloudy, Color Space/Adobe RGB98
It can be purchased on my online eGallery, Wildlife Photography by Weldon Lee

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Being able to capture moments like this is what life is all about to me. Great shot Weldon.

Weldon Lee said...

Thanks, Joan. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my images. Have a wonderful day.

Bill S. said...

Beautiful picture. I love the swans winging their way with the forest background.

Weldon Lee said...

Thank you, Bill, for taking the time to share your nice comments regarding my image.

Anonymous said...

Gracias una vez mas por compartir. un placer haberlo encontrado.hermosas las imágenes .