Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Decent Snowfall of the Year

This is a photograph - taken January 1, 2004 - of the cabin where I lived in Wild Basin.
Melody is standing in the snow in front of the cabin.
I have since moved to another location two miles away.
We finally received, what I consider, our first really decent snowfall this winter.  Although, I have yet to venture outside, it's up to Diana's stomach when she went out a little before 5 a.m. this morning.
I love quotes and one-liners; and since Thoreau's writings have had a major influence on my life-style, I would like to share the following verse by him . . .
I frequently tramped eight or ten miles
    through the deepest snow to keep an appointment
        with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch,
            or an old acquaintance among the pines.
                                        - Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. See the link below for more info.

#miles
www.ufgop.org